5 Fun Things To Do On Mothers Day
Have you been procrastinating on getting her that Mothers Day gift? Running late doesn't mean you have to settle for the standard - and might I say, very unimaginative - flowers and brunch. One thing that moms cherish most is the time spent with their children. So why not take her on a Mothers Day activity both of you can participate in, and make some fond memories?
Here are our five suggestions for a fun Mothers Day activity, but feel free to come up with your own.
- Mother-daughter getaway. Plan a weekend getaway to take your mom on. Think of guest ranches in your area where you can stay a couple of nights, ride horses, and enjoy the nature while at the same time creating an unforgettable bonding experience with your mom. If you are anywhere near Flathead Valley, Montana, try the Bar W Guest Ranch in Whitefish or, for a really luxurious experience, the Resort at Paws Up near Greenough. You might even consider getting mom reservations for one of the Cowgirl Up events these two ranches organize every year.
- Plant a garden. If your mom is a gardener, why not get a bunch of her favorite plants in the nursery, bring them to her house, and spend the day together planting mom's garden? This is another great way to bond and create memories, and it doesn't require reservations ahead of time or too much money to accomplish either.
- Game night. If you enjoyed playing board games with your mom and siblings when growing up, organize a game night at mom's house for Mothers Day. Gather your favorite people and your favorite games for an evening of lighthearted fun while spending some quality time with mom.
- Go antiquing. Is mom a fan of antique shops? Take her antiquing on Mothers Day. She'll appreciate both the activity and the company.
- Collect memories. I bet your mom has a stash of old family photos in a box somewhere in her attic. Buy some scrapbooking supplies, get that box of photos, and spend the day with mom going through them, reminiscing, and making a family album together. You will create a memory of fun time together, and mom will end up with a book of memories to look at whenever she wants.
If you don't live close to your mom and can't make the long journey for Mothers Day, you still have some time to send her a gift. Shop Buckaroo Bling through May 6th, and we'll make sure your mom gets her gift in time. We'll also be glad to include a special note with the package. Just ask us when you place your order.