With the fall and winter on the horizon, it's time to start planning activities for those snowy, cold days when all you want to do is curl up by the fire. What better way to spend the time indoors than reading, especially if reading is helping your faith walk? So, here are five books a faith filled cowgirl might find useful to chase away the winter blues, while at the same time learning how to live out her faith.
- A King Is Coming by Paul Wilbur. Pastor and a world renowned musician, Paul Wilbur tackles the issues that face believers in today's world, and offers insights on how to worship through these dangerous times. He writes about navigating an anti-Semitic and anti-Christian world, teaches how to worship in the midst of crisis, and gives pointers for living a fruitful and victorious life. Once you are done reading this book, pass it on to your cowboy. He'll learn from it and enjoy it too.
- Unbridled Faith: 100 Devotions from the Horse Farm by Cara Whitney. These devotions with stunning photography speak to a horse lover's heart teaching lessons on being flexible, overcoming temptation, our worth in God's eyes, and many more.
- The Excellent Wife: a Biblical Perspective by Martha Peace. This book clearly explains what God requires of a Christian wife and how to obey God's commandments to become that wife.
- A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by Phillip Keller. In this tiny volume, Phillip Keller shares his insights into the life and character of sheep―and of the Good Shepherd who loves and cares for them. This book will give new meaning to the well known Shepherd psalm, enriching your trust in and love for the Lord who watches over you.
- War of Hearts: A Christian Historical Romance Novel by Chloe Carley. For those who prefer curling up with a novel instead of a devotional or a study book, this one will keep you spellbound. A story of conflict, trials and tribulations set in the Old West - what more does a cowgirl want?
Hope you have a warm and cozy fall and winter. When you are done reading and need a bit of turquoise fix made by a pair of faithful hands, check out the Buckaroo Bling online shop. I am thankful for every new visitor the Lord brings in. You can also visit the Events page to find out where you can find me and Buckaroo Bling in person this fall.